Building Information Modeling
We take pride in managing the entire Building Information Modeling process from conception through to occupancy for each project. Tilden-Coil provides clients with the highest level of BIM technology thru the use of 3D parametric modeling, 4D schedule animation, 5D cost estimating and object based clash detection to name a few.
Applying Builder Experience through Technology
No tool outweighs the good judgment and builder skill that our field professionals retain and when we integrate BIM into our proven processes, achieving project goals are more certain than ever before. Construction teams are involved early in the BIM process allowing our superintendents, project managers and engineers to clearly understand design intent and discover constructability issues before they become an adverse impact to the project. Tilden-Coil has technically trained professionals that keep on the forefront of this rapidly advancing portion of our industry. Additionally, our BIM staff has many years of experience designing and coordinating the complex structures and utilities that make up the facilities of our day.
Virtual Design and Construction Experience
Since our first application of these tools on active projects in 2008, Tilden-Coil has successfully used 3D building models to accelerate schedules and improve quality on projects totaling over $150 million in construction value.
BIM Applied Services
- High Definition Laser scans of existing structures to create as-built models for coordination and design
- Model based construction schedule simulations (4D modeling)
- Constructability review using clash detection and model analysis software bridging the gap between 2D documents and the 3D model
- Model based quantity take-offs and estimating (5D modeling)
- Site Logistics and Safety planning
- Building Systems coordination – Architectural, Structural and MEPF clash detection
- Complex building component 3D mock ups
- High quality RFI’s produced with 3D graphic images
- Mobile technology integration – Field BIM
- As-built BIM for facilities management